NFP Health has an opening for a Software Developer. We are unable to provide Visa sponsorship – all applicants must be able to work for any US employer.
We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our organization as a Software Developer. This employee will join our rapidly growing applications team at NFP Health Services Administrators. The ideal candidate must possess exceptional software development skills. Job requires great attention to detail and outstanding follow up skills.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Code, test, and implement complex programs from user specifications; develop appropriate programs and systems documentation according to established IT practices.
- Support and troubleshoot production systems as required to ensure availability, optimize performance, and respond to user inquires in a timely fashion.
- Provide routine maintenance to in-house applications.
- Develop and execute test plans both for internal and external solutions.
- Provide ad hoc data extraction / analysis in support of management.
- Develop and analyze functional specifications.
- Develop and execute deployment plans for new / updated systems.
- Work with vendors to resolve interface issues.
- Develop and maintain user documentation as required.
- Develop and maintain development and staging environments.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate with both Technical and Non-technical personnel both verbally and in writing.
- Strong understanding of C#, ASP.NET and the .NET framework.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SOA-based concepts and strategies.
- Relational database knowledge including SQL Server and / or Oracle.
- Understanding of testing practices for both unit testing and overall system regression and functionality testing.
- Ability to interpret functional specifications to produce a component / module design.
- Understanding of general web-based application development practices including HTML, client side scripting, AJAX, and web applications servers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area required.
- Minimum of four years programming experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in hands-on C# programming required.
- Minimum of two years of experience developing web-based applications required.
- Minimum of two years of relational database experience required.
- Minimum of two years of object-oriented programming experience required.
Experience/Skills in These Areas Are a Plus:
- PowerBuilder experience.
- Healthcare (insurance) domain experience.
- Solution design/architecture experience.
- Self-guided, with demonstrable projected references.
- Microsoft certifications a plus (or other relevant training).
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
NFP Health Services Administrators is an Equal Opportunity Employer.